Thursday, February 01, 2007

Aaaand Jump!

Taking the trash out got exciting today. No, I didn’t get mugged on the way down. I do live in NoPo but it really isn’t that bad. My new boss remarked that the office building they recently moved to, had a Baghdad style décor with its flaky plaster whose holes were created not by bullets insertions but by nails extractions. I had to break the news to him that my recollections of Baghdad prevented his office from making the cut.
Anyway, I am digressing here. We have two large size dumpster that we toss our garbage in at our complex, and three smaller recycling container. I went for the two large ones as I was tossing the kitchen trash filled with days old vegetable clippings, and skins, bones from a tender lamb shank and other delightfully smelly leftover from one who believes in making everything from scratch. I opened the gate to the enclosure and used the index finger of my right hand to life the lid of the large brown receptacle and quickly tossed my bag of goodies in it. I then turned and stepped off with my left foot, only to find that the door I had pushed to enter the enclosure had swung back during the few seconds it took for me to perform my task, and closed. It is no high security fence and one can indeed push the doors outward. Which I did to no avail, as I could not slip my fingers in the space created between the two door sections. I was stuck. Fortunately the fence is only about seven feet tall I was able to climb over it and jump off.
On an unrelated subject I do maintain that ukemi practice is much better before breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home