Monday, February 19, 2007

Trumpet

I volunteered for the Portland Jazz Festival this morning, meaning that my tush got out of bed at 0530. I drove Tomasz Stanko, a polish trumpeter, back to the airport. We made a quick side trip to Monette, a trumpet factory located in the airport industrial zone, less than ½ mile of track. Stanko referred to the instruments as the Rolls Royce of trumpets. It might as well be considering the price tag of about $10,000 for the one he was eyeing.
Stanko is one of those naturally funny guys. He made me laugh most of the drive by the way he described his native Poland. The best part might have been to hear him try on different instruments for over an hour. I haven’t been able to make it to any of the concerts yet but this well made up for it. He didn’t walk out with an instrument, the waiting list is quite long but for a while he did seem like a kid in a candy store.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home